Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hogle Zoo - July 1st

It's a saggy elephant butt!
Eddie and I love the Hogle Zoo! It only takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours to see the whole zoo!
This peacock walked across the path right in front of us. It has the most beautiful feathers.
The baby elephant is only a year old. So cute!!!
We saw 4 elephants!
This one was eating the whole time. I love this picture! It's just the cutest shot!
They have 2 Rhinos. One was laying down in the shade! It was rather toasty, so I didn't blame it.
Penguins!!! We love Penguins!!!
The ostriches were funny! They kept running around. They are the oddest looking creatures. You put them together with a giraffe and you can almost see dinosaurs!!!
One of our most favorite places at Hogle Zoo is the giraffe house!! I love how you can go upstairs and be closer to their heads! It's just fun to see a giraffe that close and personal!!!
I made friends with this giraffe. We were talking to each other. No words, no noise, just lots of lips moving! Kinda like Elvis!
I think he liked me!!!
Very beautiful animal!!!
The tigers were awesome. Back in the 90's they only had one tiger and one lion. Now they have more tigers and a better habitat for them too!
Tigers are my favorite animals!!!
In the 90's they only had a tiny crocodile. We used to spend lots of time staring at the tiny crocodile in the 90's, because it was Mattman's favorite!!! Thanks to Peter Pan and Capt. Hook. They have 3 crocodiles now. 2 big ones and a brand new baby that was just born!!!
The gorilla is always fun. He was just sitting there and then when all the kids were up against the glass, he came over to check them out. It was so cute!!!

2 comments:

April said...

seeing your pictures makes me want to take my kiddos to the zoo:) Thanks for sharing!

sleepless said...

COOL...ya, I think he likes you !! That is great that people can present themselves for the gorilla's inspection ! I have never seen an elephant mouth before !