Monday, March 14, 2011

Buttermilk Biscuits

I have been searching for a good biscuit recipe. I finally found it!!
It's from Taste of Home! Here's the recipe:
Mom's Buttermilk Biscuits
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup buttermilk
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt;
cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in buttermilk. Add a little bit more if dough is too dry.
Knead dough gently.
Gently press dough out to about 1/2 inch thick or thicker if you like thicker biscuits.
Cut with 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
Bake at 450 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield 9 - 10 biscuits
Tip: The secret I have found to making a good biscuit is to handle the dough as little as possible. That's why I press to the thickness I want rather than rolling!
This recipe makes a delicious biscuit!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

sleepless said...

Sandy, you are such a domestic goddess !