Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Shoreline Village, Long Beach

Last night, my sweet husband took me to Shoreline Village just to get away for a little while.
We were only gone for two hours, but it was so nice.

This is the lighthouse across the way.

This is the first place Eddie took me to after we were officially together! That was back in October 2005. That night was a fun night. When we arrived, the lighthouse was purple! I thought it was just for me!
When we got there last night, the sun was still going down. A gorgeous orange sunset.
We just walked around the shops and then down by the water.

The picture up there is of Parker's Lighthouse. It's a restaurant. We walked all around it last night. We even checked out the menu. I asked Eddie why he never took me to dinner there? Someday! We can eat outside over looking the water and watch the boats and the sunset! Very cool.
It's across from the Queen Mary. I went to the Queen Mary for my first time on March 1, 2008 for Matt & Kim's wedding reception. It was very nice. Back in October 2005 was the first time I remember seeing the Queen Mary in person. Eddie's prom was on the Queen Mary, so it wasn't anything new for him. Shoreline Village was a great experience then and a nice break last night. There's Parker's Lighthouse restaurant on the left and the Lighthouse! A different view. The lighthouse is part of the Pike. They use it on a promo for KTLA's news. I always tell Eddie I want to go there and walk around the lighthouse. The Aquarium of the Pacific would be fun too. Maybe next adventure!

2 comments:

Freth Stifter said...

Where's the commentary about Eddie's talk in church??

Tasharoo said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely Gorgeous! I love the collage of you and Eddie at the top! How did you do that? You are turning into quite the pro!!! Way to go!