Monday, May 2, 2011

I Ramble!!!

When I heard the news last night, I was just kinda numb. My first thought was you cut the head off a snake and you get more snakes.

My second thought was Rodney King, "Can't we All just get along?"


It just feels like a very hollow victory.

Glad one less murderer isn't on the loose, but what will the cost be?

Haven't we already paid enough?


I've always been a pro-death penalty person....and this will save lots of money on trials, but it seems he got the easy way out and it took far too long!!!

Perhaps victory would have been sweeter a few years ago.


I felt more united as a country on 9/11/01!


What will 9/11/11 bring?


It's all just very surreal!


Glad for those who feel justice has been done.


I just pray that ALL God's children EVERYWHERE are safe

and long for the day when the lamb and the lion lie down together without any ire!

2 comments:

Abigail said...

I feel the exact same!! You know there's going to be retaliation, that and well, someone else will now step up to the terrorist leader plate.
A cousin of mine shared this quote on facebook that I though was absolutely perfect in regard to it:


‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate:… only love can do that." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sandy Plummer said...

I read that on your wall and MLK Jr. said it well.