Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sewing!

I have been busy sewing the last few months and thought I'd show you some of the stuff I've made. The above picture is of the first baby car carrier cover I made. It's also the first thing I've ever sewn without an actual pattern. I just followed an on-line tutorial. I made it for a sister in our ward who just had her first baby. She's from Hawaii...so I thought something bright and floral would be good. I also made her a crib size quilt, pictured below. I also went with a girly hawaiian print!!!
I figured I didn't do to badly with the first car carrier cover so I made one for cousin Melissa's baby shower. I forgot to take pictures before hand. I loved pairing the bright pink with the zebra print on the back. I did a more decorative strap on this one. I actually added zebra ribbon bows and bright pink buttons!

I went thru her baby registry to see what kind of color scheme she was going with.
I also made a quilt for her. Pink and brown diamond pattern. I had a hard time finding something I liked for the back. I went with....


Brown and pink fleece/furry stuff. I liked the way it matched, yet contrasted the front. Is contrasted a word? It was the first time I ever worked with this material. It's only fleece/furry on one side. It was kind of a pain, but it's so soft!!!!


Then I finally got Shannon's stuff done for her and Baby Hannah!


I made Shannon a fleece Gerbera Daisy blankie! I crocheted around the edges!


I've been finding owl material around town and so I finally made some quilts and stuff for Hannah! This is a crib size quilt. 45 X 60....or there abouts!


A close up!


I found this gerbera daisy flannel a long time ago...and bought it to make probably pajama pants for Shannon, cuz I know how much she loves this flower. After she got pregnant with Hannah, I decided to give Hannah a break from Owls and make her a gerbera daisy quilt. It's also crib size...so it can fit a toddler bed too!


I made a smaller quilt....45 X 45...I would guess. Probably a little smaller. I found this lovely pale green owl print flannel and I had some material that was my Mom's with Hippos on it. Shannon loves Hippos. So I put it together for this quilt.


A close up of the cute owls!!!


and the Hippos!


I also made my 3rd car carrier cover! Did not do a more decorative strap because I couldn't find Owl buttons or ribbon I liked! I think I sewed one of the straps with the print going in the wrong way...it makes it unique!!!!


The underside is the hippo material. It will probably scare Hannah half to death with crazy hungy hungry hippos staring at her....or she'll go to sleep so she doesn't have to look at them!



That concludes my sewing frenzy to this point. I will try and keep posting pictures of all the stuff I'm sewing!!! I need to get a couple stuff sewn this week. We'll see how it goes!!!

4 comments:

Sleepy said...

You have been busy!!

April said...

This makes me want to quilt:) You're amazing!!!

sleepless said...

WOW...I am TOTALLY impressed Sandy !! You have done wonderful sewing stuff !!!!

Unknown said...

I love, love, love my quilts!!! Nice job Dee, and thank you so much for sending them to me. They are perfect and will be well used. Thanks for sewing for me... now I don't have to!!!