Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tessa's Birthday! The Big 3!

For some reason I got it into my head, that Tessa needed a Dorothy dress. Maybe it's because we gave her ruby slippers last year! I don't know. I've had the material....since oh....sometime last fall. I started making the dress at 6:30 p.m. August 8th! I finished the dress at 3:30 p.m. August 9th. Birthday Party started at 6:30 p.m. (I did get a good night's sleep too!)

I even had enough time to hide all my boo-boos! I was creative in fixing things I had totally done wrong!!! All in all....not too shabby and the bows I added to hide some of the flaws actually make the dress cuter!!!

I basted the hem because I wanted to be able to hem it properly after Tessa had tried it on. The back hem of the dress is way longer than the front, but that's easy to fix!!!
The Princess Party!
The Princess Cake!The Princess! Blowin' out the candles! Ma & Pa Lemley gave her roller skates and I'm sure she just might be the next Roller Derby Queen!!!! Go get 'em Tessa!

3 comments:

sleepless said...

Awesome..sewing again !! Darling party !

April said...

wow love the dress, such talent!!

Sleepy said...

Go Thunderbirds!!