Friday, April 25, 2008

The Wednesday Letters

I finally started reading this book Wednesday while waiting for Mom's surgery at the hospital. I finished it this morning! Jason F. Wright is the author. He also wrote, "The Christmas Jar" which is a life altering book I believe. This one was good too. I don't know that I'll start writing Wednesday Letters, but it's a cool idea. I like reading his works. He has short quick chapters and keeps you wanting to read more and yet taking three days to read it, was okay too. (I read the Christmas Jar in a couple of hours!) I asked Eddie if I could read this book to him. He said yes, but I don't think he's all that excited and I asked him this before the book took a major turn that I wasn't expecting and then I thought I had it figured out! For those of you who read it, I thought it was the Uncle!!!! Boy was I wrong!!! I don't know if Eddie would like the huge unexpected turns in it. It does teach principles and values that everyone needs to learn!!!Anyway! If you haven't read either of these books. Please do! I gave most of our family members The Christmas Jar for Christmas last year and said I would send a letter explaining why we had given it and I still haven't!!! It's only April!!!! Okay, so there's something else I could be doing besides writing on my blog! There are LOTS of things I SHOULD be doing than writing on my blog!

Later!

6 comments:

Jason Wright said...

Hi Sandy! So glad to hear you enjoyed the book :-) And I love the picture of you and your hubby. Now THAT'S happiness.

FoxFamily said...

Well, I love the Christmas Jar book you gave me. Thanks!. I also love your "nothing at all" song. It makes me so happy. Glad we can share a song. :-)

FoxFamily said...

You know the author?????

Abigail said...

I loved The Christmas Jars too! Books are my favorite kind of gifts! Can I borrow The Wednesday Letters? Unless you're going to read it to Uncle Eddie of course!

Tasharoo said...

My oh My! Sandy! You are quite the famous blogger! Jason Wright signed your blog? You ARE THE Coolest ever!
I'm actually having Book Club at my house in July and we are reading The Wednesday Letters...think Jason would come?
I read The Wednesday Letters on my way to Germany last December.

Anonymous said...

I know your post is older but I thought I would share this anyway: I work with Jason and thought you’d like knowing he has a new contest on his web site where you can win a free trip-for-two to his hometown in VA, the Shenandoah Valley. All you have to do is mail him a Christmas card! All the details are here:

http://www.jasonfwright.com/triptosvalley.php


P.S...Jason is quite active online. You can check out his personal website and his facebook profile, too. He loves reviews and is always grateful for them!