Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Financial Fast!

I'm borrowing this idea from Totally Ready. It's a great blog! And a great idea! This is their blog today:

A financial fast for the next month.
Now, that is a great idea. What do we really need? How much do we really spend, and on what? Let’s find out. Here are the rules:

1. You will agree to the following guidelines for two weeks.
2. You will keep a journal and record all the items you wanted to purchase but did not.
3. You will eat all meals at home or brown bag at work.
4. You will pay all bills as they come due.
5. You will only purchase food and toiletries at the grocery store, nothing else.
6. If there is something you absolutely need, besides food or medicine, you will barter or trade for it.

That’s it. Please take the challenge. You can do it. At the end of the two weeks we will share what we have learned. Get that notebook out and get ready to keep a record of what you are doing over the next two weeks. Let’s get going today!

I challenge anyone who reads our blog to try this Financial fast for 2 weeks. I'm planning to start my fast on April 1st when the taxes skyrocket in California!!!!

For other great ideas check out the Totally Ready Blog!
http://blog.totallyready.com/

2 comments:

Myhouse4nine said...

I will think about it, after I finish getting the cute girls all dressed for Easter...

FoxFamily said...

Wow. I am not sure I could do that. Well, maybe I could, but I couldn't get my boys on board. Maybe I should try... Good luck to you!!