Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cruise Day 6 Nawiliwili, Kauai

Before we start with Kauai, before we boarded the ship in Hilo, I bought this beautiful lei. You will see it in pictures over the next few days!
Now Kauai! The moon was still out when we woke up.
We were able to watch the sun come up.






We couldn't believe we were seeing mountains through the morning haze.

As the sun came up we were overwhelmed with the beauty of Kauai!
The colors were so vibrant! It was breath-taking!







Kauai is hands down our favorite Island!!



Our big excursion today was Waimea Canyon. Mark Twain called it the Grand Canyon of the Pacific.





Our tour guide took us down to the beach.
And to the spouting horn!

There are "free-range" chickens all over Kauai. They got blown around in the 1993 Hurricane. They are everywhere!!!
Leaving Kauai was sad. It was so beautiful I told Eddie if I died he could leave me there.

When we left both Hilo and Kauai a storm was moving in.





It was spectacular.

3 comments:

sleepless said...

Okay, I wasn't jealous before but now I am !!!! BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Myhouse4nine said...

I must say your photos of Kauai really are beautiful! It looks so lush and inviting! Thanks for your postings!

Abigail said...

It sure is gorgeous!! Your lei is beautiful too as are the colors of your shirt in these pictures!