Saturday, June 28, 2008

Our 2nd Anniversary Trip

Here we are on our 2nd Anniversary, outside of the St. George Temple
where we were married on June 24, 2006
Now I'll tell you about our trip!

It started off with one night at the Las Vegas Hilton.
Eddie had never stayed at this hotel, but I have several times.
Because of all our travels we have reached Gold Member status with the Hilton Honors program. Our room was upgraded to a premium room. They have just been remodeled and the room was beautiful!

One of the main reasons we stayed at the Hilton was because I wanted to take Eddie's to Quark's.

It's the restaurant/bar/lounge in the Star Trek the Experience part of the hotel. I ate at Quark's six years ago and it was a good experience and I wanted Eddie to try their RIBS! So, after checking in we went to dinner! The Flaming Ribs of Targ were as good as I remember. They have a Szechuan BBQ sauce with cilantro peanut pesto sauce on them! DE-LI-CIOUS!!! I wasn't sure if Eddie would like them, so he ordered the Steak and then we shared! He LOVED the ribs! We might actually go back there someday on our travels. Who knows!

The next morning we drove up to the Las Vegas temple and looked around and then drove by Nellis Air Force Base. Eddie was happy because there were jets taking off!!!

We arrived in St. George in time to check in for one night at the Fairfield Inn. It was cheaper than the Hilton Garden Inn, but I love the Garden Inn! We were trying to be a little more economical! Eddie always says we can stay at Motel 6, but I say I'm too good for Motel 6. A little prideful, I know!


Our anniversary morning we woke up and walked to Cracker Barrel. My favorite!

Eddie got the Sunrise Sampler and I got the French Toast combo. Their French Toast is so good!


We went to the Temple! It's always wonderful to be back in "our" temple. We had a great time!

We asked a sweet senior missionary to take our picture!
After the temple we ate at Olive Garden and then we checked in to our Honeymoon suite at
This is where we spent the first two days of married life and our anniversary last year!

I love the Melissa suite! Eddie doesn't like the steep narrow stairs that you get to climb to the Melissa Suite, but deep down, he really likes it too!


There were roses, chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider waiting for us, and a gift!

Some was part of the romance package and the others were left there by our Best Man/Maid of Honor Julie Clegg! She's the best!!!

These next three pictures I'll let you use your imagination for!
Yes, Eddie gave me permission to post them.
Okay! Calm down! It's not at all what you're thinking!


Well shiver me timbers!

The next day we went for a drive and ended up at Tuacahn! Eddie had never been there and he was impressed with the scenery. Before we left we got tickets for that nights show!
Then we went and saw Kung Foo Panda. The traditional anniversary gift for the 2nd anniversary is China, so that was our China gift!!!! It works!



Tuacahn!!!!!!

Eddie swears he doesn't like Broadway Musicals! Funny thing, he sings songs from Broadway Musicals all the time!!! I knew he liked the movie so I figured he'd live through the play! I was surprised that he said we could go see it!!! We took Julie with us!
We were back at the Fairfield Inn for the rest of our stay! Thursday morning we woke up and we had a completely free day! I asked Eddie what he wanted to do.
His answer about knocked me out of bed!!!
Let's go get tickets to see Le Miz!
So we did! Eddie, Julie and I were back at Tuachan Thursday night for Le Miz! I had never seen it before. I knew some of the music from it, but that's it! It was pretty decent! Eddie even liked it! I said it was a play he could relate too!!!! He did say, once was enough and he didn't need to see it again! I really think he is beyond impressed with the venue more so than the actual productions! Fireworks both nights and when they turn the lights off between scenes the stars, (in the sky) are awesome!!!!
Friday was Sandy's pamper day!!!! Eddie said I had to go to the spa before we went home.
Julie took the day off and we spent a good chunk of the day at:

The Works is the only way to go!
Then we went to lunch and shopping at 7 different stores!
What did Eddie do while we were doing all this....
He did two sessions at the temple and ran an errand for Julie!
We left St. George this morning! Boo hoo!
It is nice to be back home.
A hilarious note:
My anniversary gift to Eddie was tickets to see Wicked!!!!
We saw it March 17, 2007, but he said earlier this year he'd go see it again!
So on the 12th of July, we'll back in Hollywood for Wicked!!
I guess this was our Musical anniversary!!!!
I can't wait to see what this next year will bring!
It's always an adventure!!!!

4 comments:

Tasharoo said...

Lucky Ducks! That sounds wonderful! I want to see Wicked, wicked-bad!!!

Sandy Plummer said...

We want to see you the next time you come to CA and we'll come bug you when we come to UT!!! Deal?

Gene said...

How is that for promptness? I think this is my new favorite blog! You guys are awesome!

Sandy Plummer said...

Thanks Gene!