Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The TRIP!

My birthday trip was wonderful! Here is the ocean out of our hotel room in Pismo. As always it was relaxing and beyond enjoyable. Wish I could live there....in the hotel!

To add something new and different to the trip we only stayed in Pismo two days and then we went to Carmel-by-the-sea! It was okay! We should've stayed in Pismo for two more days!!! That up there is the delicious birthday dinner I had at Allegro's in Carmel. If you're ever there, it's in "The Barnyard" across Hwy 1 away from the heart of Carmel's shopping/eating district I guess you call it.
We stopped at one of my favorite places when traveling through the lovely California central area. Casa de Fruta! Delicious Fruit! Huge Cashews! Eddie loves their Cashews!!!!

We went mission hopping while we were gone. We saw 11 Spanish Missions!
San Antonio up there was our favorite I think.
Santa Cruz below...was our least favorite!
Why the missions? Since 3rd grade I've wanted to see all the missions and especially Carmel where Father Serra's burried. We did see that too! We still have 10 to see, but it's not as big a deal now that we've seen 11 in 5 days! If you have a child in 4th grade...take them on the mission tour. It's a fun trip! (I did the missions in 3rd grade because I was in a combined class 3rd & 4th!)
Since we have returned Eddie and I both agree that temple hopping is much more fun and literally enlightening! So if you have the choice...go to the temple instead of a California Mission!
You live and learn!!!
Tomorrow on "Wordless Wednesday" I'll post more pictures!

3 comments:

sallie said...

It looks like you guys may have enjoyed a Ghirardelli sundae. Did you?

Sandy Plummer said...

Actually, it was at Doc Burnstein's in Arroyo Grande! Very Fun Ice Cream place. They create a new flavor every week with audience participation!!!
If you're ever on the coast...you have to go!

Sandy Plummer said...

Actually, it was at Doc Burnstein's in Arroyo Grande! Very Fun Ice Cream place. They create a new flavor every week with audience participation!!!
If you're ever on the coast...you have to go!