Thursday, November 27, 2008

Another Turkey Day Has Come and Gone!

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!This is Eddie's new Thanksgiving hat!
Isn't he adorable?
Now he's washing our turkey to get him ready to cook!
We no longer stuff our turkey with dressing/stuffing. Instead we stuff him with carrots, celery, onions and herbs: rosemary, thyme and sage. The sage we grew in our own garden. I also threw in a lemon this year too! And I brushed the bird with butter! I also lay him on a bed of carrots, celery and onions. He cooked quicker than what we were led to believe, so we'll shorten it by at least an hour next time!
These are the potatoes leaching! We leach them to get some of the potassium out. They're a little better for my Mom that way!
I was inpired by the food network this year. I took something I saw on one of the challenges and created my own new dressing/stuffing item. This is the goo for the stuffing simmering on the stove.
This is the bread waiting to be goo-ed! The little bowl is for Eddie's private dressing. I make him his own without vegies in it!!!
My great idea this year, was to make STUFFINS! Yep! That's right! STUFFINS!
I took some of the stuffing and greased a cupcake tray and made individual STUFFINS! I love the crunchy top of Stuffing, but I also like the soft wet stuff too, so this is a way to get both! They're crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Taste delicious with gravy!!!
I think they went over very well! I think I will do this next year. I developed the idea after seeing a chef making individual crocks of stuffing on a food challenge. I thought, "HEY! That's a great idea! What if I put the stuffing in a cupcake pan?! Eveyone could have there own little stuffing muffin." Hense...STUFFINS!
Did the Easter Bunny come to your Thanksgiving?
He came to ours and brought his brother!!!
The bunnies are from next door. They keep escaping!!! They like our yard. More stuff to eat! Yes! We were bad and threw them carrots and celery!
Patricia and Elizabeth came over for dinner. Patricia made the yams and she brought some delicious baked beans. Cheese and crackers and Guacamole were also provided!!!
They were good!
This is what part of the spred looked like! We had: Turkey, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing with onions and celery, Stuffing without vegies, STUFFINS, Yams, Baked Beans, Green Beans with bacon and almonds, Grandma's cranberry jello salad, Waldorf Salad, Homemade Lion House Rolls, butter, cheese, crackers, guacamole, chips, grapes, berries, pickles, olives, cranberry sauce, Pumpkin pie, Lemon Pie, Apple Pie and cool whip! The turkey was delicious. Moist even though it over cooked a little. Eddie's mashed potatoes were delicious! Everything tasted great!
There were 10 people at our Thanksgiving Feast! 4 Missionaries: Elder Choi - Korea, Elder Pennington - West Virginia, Elder Ball, Chihuahua, Mexico, Elder Wilkins, Arizona, Patricia and Elizabeth, Bubba, Mom, Eddie and myself! Good company and great food!!!

Yes, I look pretty haggered! I've been cooking for two days! Thanksgiving is officially over....Now for Christmas!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Abigail said...

What a fabulous idea, those stuffins!! You were so domestic handmaking your rolls AND stuffing! Wow!! Thank you for having April do the turkey up here that way. It was SO good!!!

FoxFamily said...

Nice job! It looks so beautiful and YUMMY!! I will see you at Christmas... (I hope).
Happy day!