Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Here's wishing you and yours the best in 2009!
Eddie and I have decided it will be a year of adventure!

Our first adventure started this morning when we drove to Pasadena just to watch the fly-over of MY B-2 bomber!

Unfortunately it was a little too cold and the B-2 had ice on it which prevented it from flying over at the start of the parade. I was irritated because this guy drove by telling us it wasn't going to fly because it had ice on it's WING! Why was I irritated......the whole plane is a WING!!! It's a FLYING WING!!!!! We came home and sure enough about 15 minutes later it flew over the parade!!!! Eddie was not happy! He wanted to see it so bad. I did too. I've never got to see it actually fly except on TV. I was on my mission when it took it's maiden voyage. My boss and co-workers at Northrop sent me a post-card with a special first flight post-mark. I was in town for the first Roll-out! That was pretty intense. Someday I will see my baby fly!!! It's the only airplane I was ever a part of. It's more exciting than looking at a can of paint! I used to work for Sinclair Paint Company before I went to work for Northrop. (and that was before they teamed up with Grumman!)
So...here's to a year of Adventure and Patience!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, that really stinks!