Monday, December 29, 2008

A Visit to Pops!

Eddie's dad had surgery on the 19th. He had skin cancer that was really deep on his right ear. They ended up finding a tumor and removing the whole ear. He will have to have radiation in the future. On Saturday, he was rushed to the hospital. They found him in a pool of blood. After a few transfusions they still couldn't find where he was bleeding from. Go figure! Eddie went to see him tonight!

He sneezed today and they discovered where the bleeding is coming from. DUH! His ear wound! Did that really take 3 days to discover? Yes! DUH! Does Kaiser not have anyone who will properly clean the floor? How sick is that?
Eddie took our Christmas present to Pops. Aren't they cute together? We figured Mr. Potato Head could share his ears if needed!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow- you guys missed out- I was there when the bandage was off and it looked pretty amazing to say the least. Grandpa kept rubbing at his "ear" and I told to nurse but it lookes like a sneeze was all it took. I think that his blood has almost been completely replaced now- I told him that he should feel great because the blood is probably from nice healthy young people like Chelley. I'll be sure to show my parents the pictures- they are way cute!

sleepless said...

so, I hope he was amused...if he knew you even took the picture with him and Mr. potato head..