Sunday, August 24, 2008

Random Thoughts

This is Eddie's favorite James Christensen painting. We saw it in the Orem Mall a few years ago and he loves it!
Church: I "got" to play the organ for church today. My favorite comment of the day, "Were your fingers tied together?" At one point, sadly in the sacrament hymn, I lost my place and the music looked like it was in Chinese and I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be playing for the life of me. The automotive equivalent: "Grind 'em til you find 'em!" It's one thing to hit clunckers in the opening and closing hymn, but the sacrament hymn just should be perfect. Alas, I am human and I make mistakes. God Bless Zena! On the way home she told me she's never heard me hit a cluncker! I looked at Eddie and said, "Raw Meat!"
"Raw Meat" : from the Book of Mormon when Lehi and the gang can't cook their meat so the Lord makes it taste good for them! That's my theory! If something isn't actually so, at least in my opinion, but someone says it is, it's Raw Meat! The Lord can make anything sweet for others to see, hear, taste, etc.
Nothing exciting happened today! Some of you know what I mean, others will just have to wait until another Sunday! HA HA HA!
The closing ceremonies of the Olympics is on TV right now. It's actually been amusing to watch these last few weeks. Eddie and I were mesmerized by the rhythmic gymnastics yesterday. I've never watched it before. I didn't think it was all that before we watched it. Now that I've actually seen it...WOW! Those girls have very long legs and they can do some incredible routines.
Watching Michael Phelps win all his gold medals was pretty cool. The gymnastics is always good, although I didn't see all of it. I like diving too. No bonked heads this year! At least not that I saw. I usually don't get into track stuff, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching Jamaica! Can they run or what? new meaning to "Cool Runnings!!!"
Lame Olympic events: group handball? I would have rather watched group Slaughterhouse!!
Now that's handball! I hated that in Elementary school. Only played once and made sure I got our first!!! Dumb! Ping Pong? Where's Forrest Gump? Trampoline?
What's next....olympic tetherball? Napolean Dynamite could win a gold maybe!
Kayak? Why don't they have surfing? I vote for olympic marbles or jacks. How 'bout double dutch? Crack the Whip? Mother May I? Red Rover? SPUD! Hide and go Seek! Speaking of Hide and go seek......
News from the Neighborhood: Yrma sold the house next door. A young family of 5 will be moving in. Very exciting! They want to cut a hole in the chain link fence where the side walk dead ends and put some stairs in and a gate so their kids don't have to walk in the street to go to school. I thought it was a great idea.
While I was standing outside talking to Yrma and the new neighbors, Able and Joanna, the skunk went running across the street! We hadn't seen it lately. Or heard it! Eddie blocked the space to get under the house, so I don't think they like us anymore! Now we know they are still around the neighborhood.
A lady in our ward has a Huge raccoon in her backyard!!! It tried to take a whole container of cat food! She says it's the biggest raccoon she's ever seen. She was living in the garage until her daughter came out to see her one morning and she had 3 cats and 2 possums in bed with her! (She didn't know she had friends sleeping with her!) I told her she must be a princess from a Disney flick to get that kind of companionship! She now sleeps in the house!!!!
I heard sad news yesterday that an old friend had been murdered last week. I haven't got the whole story yet. I just dread calling her brother to see what's up. Not a fun thing to deal with!
I woke up in a horrible mood. Had a icky dream....we were at Universal Studios with the Lemleys. Joe & Julie Ferkin were there too. They, Joe and Julie, kept going on some crazy rides that I don't even think are at Universal. We kept seeing them on roller coasters and strange things that went upside down and spun around and they were having the time of their lives. That wasn't icky part. Strange they were in my dream, but lo and behold Eddie's former girlfriend was there and being a little to cozy with Eddie. So of course Eddie had to top my dream! He had a worse dream....he was kissing Hope, (his step-monster,) on the lips!!!!!!! So, I guess Eddie was getting a lot of action in both our dreams last night....ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! When he told me about his, it didn't make me feel any better. I suffered through the first half of Sacrament Meeting. My mood and the perky ward chorister didn't help the organ playing AT ALL! Half way through the last speaker I started feeling better. Love at Home was the closing song and I did pretty good. Not perfect, but I'm sure it was Raw Meat for the congregation!
Next week is Eddie's big Sacrament Meeting talk! He's been practicing so much. He goes outside to the garage and sits in Gma's wheelchair and practices. I have no idea what he's going to say. Actually I know the quotes and the scriptures he's using, but I don't know what he's sharing in between! Personal stories!!!! This could be really interesting!!! I'll tell you all about it next week.
Eddie's family was over for dinner today after church and the 4 missionaries came too. We totally ran out of bread! I wanted some bread-like something tonight to eat, so....I made tortillas. Never tried that before! I think they're pretty darn good. They are definately not round! Kinda more like ink blot shapes! They are tasty though. I feel pioneerish with a hispanic flair! Don't think you could roll them into a burrito, but smeared with butter or with salsa....De-Li-Scious! Eddie's already asleep. Actually he could be awake now. He's a tired boy! His birthday is this Thursday. 52! hee hee! He'll be getting his traditional Chicken Cordon Bleu! and Cheesy potatoes that night for dinner! We just had funeral potatoes, so it will just be cheesy potatoes, which I've decided are better.
Caretaking: My fun meter is about out of quarters! I need to find someone to give me a couple days off. I'm thinking mid-September. Any takers?
I'm tired and have rambled on and on and I'm too tired to go back and proof read, so deal with the typos! Hasta-la-pasta!

2 comments:

Freth Stifter said...

Thanks for the wonderful all-encompassing update.

Our fun meter only extends to dental trips at the moment ... Aacck!

How about hypnotherapy stress-relief?

Having brothers come a trade daily turns ...

Hire some foreign "domestic" help ...

Isn't there a roving day-nurse funded thru some government program?

Abigail said...

I know those rambling days well. I have dreams similar to that as well. Most involve Jordan having a secret second wife or "could be's" about deployment. I hope your stress level goes down! If I were in Cali I'd give you at least a few hours break from your "charge". :)