Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"There's something out there!"

So...Eddie takes me outside yesterday and shows me this!There's a varmint getting into our backyard!
He even shows me the holes it's making in the back yard!
This morning at 5:15 a.m. (sadly we were already awake) I hear this noise. Sounded like a varmint trying to dig it's way into the house!!! Eddie looked out the bedroom window, it wasn't quite dawn yet. He decides to go outside and take a closer look. So, I jumped out of bed and looked out the window and it's light enough to see shapes and OH! WHAT'S THAT?! There's a little fur ball underneath the window, it just jumped out of the hole where you climb under the house! OooH NO! It's tail goes straight up! What a nice STRIPE! It takes off running! It must of heard Eddie sneaking around the corner of the house! I watched it run across the yard to the chain link fence. It's standing in a hole! It's made a hole to get under the fence!
Dang Varmint!
Later, when it was light, I went outside to inspect the situation. Here's what I found:
The varmint is trying to get under the house! That's what we heard! It's moving the screen over the opening to get under the house!
This is the hole it was sitting in this morning after Eddie startled it!
It's tunneled it's way under the neighbor's bricks!
And I found another escape route!!
Darn you, Pepe le Peu!
Okay! On the bright side!
There are two things to be thankful for:

It didn't spray us this morning and....

Eddie didn't scream like a little girl when it jumped out of the hole!

I guess we all know what Eddie's doing when he gets home from work tonight!!!

5 comments:

Abigail said...

What fun. Maybe you should stock up on Tomato Juice just incase.

Sandy Plummer said...

I had the same idea!!!

Chris said...

I had a friend who had a skunk give birth under his house. He just left it under there until the babys were big enough to walk (about a month) then called the animal control guy.

By the way, we found a dead bat by our front door this morn'.

Myhouse4nine said...

Did you get it? Has the amazing Eddie gotten that varmit yet?

Sandy Plummer said...

Two days later the big skunk was out there! We haven't seen/heard them since. I guess my man prevented them from lodging under the house and they have no use for us now!