Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Yes, Christmas has thrown up all over the house!
Actually, it's looked like this since Saturday...it wasn't even December!
The tree is up, but there's nothing on it yet.
I'm loving the mantle. I need one more thing to balance it out...but other than that, I really like it without all the pictures. I'll need to find a way to keep it looking good throughout the year. I don't know what I'll do with all the pictures that are usually on it. It's too cluttered though.
You can't tell that the stockings are being held up by the letters J O Y!
For Chanukkah we remove the J! Then we have OY! We actually did light a menorah last year for all 8 nights of Chanukkah and I read all the prayers in Hebrew. Probably really bad Hebrew! It was fun. We had dreidels to play with. We had a good time. Maybe this year I'll make some latkes too!
I'm just getting in the holiday spirit! We watched the Grinch last night. THE ORIGINAL! Not that dopey Jim Carey movie. Was Ron Howard on drugs for that one? The only good thing about that movie is the song Faith Hill sings!
I love Christmas! Our Thanksgiving fudge is almost gone...so I'll have to make some Christmas Fudge!!! We're going to make it with Almonds instead of Walnuts!!! MMMMmmmmm!
I'm in the mood for some Christmas music and maybe even a waltz! If only Fred, TJ and Tody were here....we could Sway and Lunge and all that cuz..."we sure know how to throw a party!"

2 comments:

Freth Stifter said...

Already!?

We have a plastic WalMart bag on the dining table ... filled with tree ornaments. The tiny, live, green tree is still sitting out in the yard in a yellow bucket after last Christmas.

The apple juice to be mulled and the pecans to be cracked are sitting out on the porch ... the fruitcakes are in bags in the laundry closet ...

The other decorations are in a plastic box in the lean-to out back.

Maybe we'll get around to this by Christmas ... :-p

Anonymous said...

The last day of school before Christmas vacation is always a half day and I show the original Dr. Seuss' Grinch movie.

That means I watch it 5 times in 4 hours. For the next week you'll find me singing, "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch," as if I were Boris Karloff.