Tuesday, December 23, 2008

More Goodies!

Well, we've been cooking some more! These are Eddie's World Famous Deviled Eggs!Everybody loves them. He actually made some for Nini to take to her work party and then Parts requested her very own and Mo always wants them. He made these to take to the Armstrong's last night when we went over to help spread tamales! Delicious!
This year I wanted to attempt Peanut Brittle. I love peanut brittle. We were at See's Candies earlier today and Eddie said I should just buy them and then we wouldn't have to make them. I wanted to make them. I needed Eddie's help! Stirring for an hour is seriously a PAIN! When the goo gets to the hard crack stage it gets harder to stir and then when you take it off the heat to add the butter and then the salt and soda...forget it! I'm to weak to stir the candy. Eddie rescued me and finished off the peanut brittle.
Eddie is a good stirrer! We think this looks like beans instead of peanut brittle! That's my Grandma Wanlass' candy thermometer.
Here is the finished product. I didn't know what size pan to put it in...or how fast we needed to spread it out, so it's kinda not so evenly spread. I'm sure it will taste DE-LI-SCIOUS!

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Oh Eddie, did you write down what you put in your eggs? They look SO yummy. Maybe I should make some to take to Jordan's family Christmas Eve party. That peanut brittle looks great too! You two sure are ambitious!!

Freth Stifter said...

So what are you doing for
New Years???

Myhouse4nine said...

Well, how was the peanut brittle? We normally make it in 35 minutes and butter the counter top and pour it out on there... Your pan looks so NEW! Not a rust stain to be found...I'm Embarassed now.