Friday, May 9, 2008

Saint George, UT

Still reeling from our busy weekend, I thought I would give a "shout-out" to some of our favorite places to stay, play and eat in St. George.
Of course Julie's is the best place to stay! No, that's not a hotel it's our dear friend, Julie Clegg. Eddie calls her our Maid of Honor/Best Man. We would not have made it through our wedding day without Julie!!! Our 2nd favorite place to stay is the Hilton Garden Inn. We love when we can splurge and get the Suite with the jacuzzi tub! It's the best room.
Probably our favorite!!!

Seven Wives Inn is also a great B&B! We stayed there for our honeymoon! The first two days of married life we stayed in the Melissa Suite. In the picture that would be above the front door and the entire 2nd floor to the right! It has a huge bedroom with fireplace and a sitting room and a small bathroom and a big jacuzzi tub room! (Yes, that's where Eddie set his hair on fire!)

This is me packing the day we left Melissa Suite on our 1st Honeymoon!

On our big honeymoon, 2 months later, we stayed in the Cottage at Seven Wives Inn!

It's a little house. It was very cute! Eddie kept calling it the toolshed!

They have great breakfasts and the staff is very friendly.


FOOD!
Our favorite place to eat...definately Samurai 21! DUH-LI-SCIOUS!!!
Samurai 21 on You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBjCMV8GMnE


Other favorite restaurants include: The Pizza Factory, Outback Steakhouse, Texas Roadhouse Grill, Ruby River, and so many more. For breakfast you have to go to Cracker Barrel. (It's right across the street from the Garden Inn so that's convenient. They're good for other meals of the day too.)

Eddie loves fried burritos at Taco Time and he likes the DogFather hot dogs! We also always frequent BR 31! Blue Bunny also has an ice cream parlor close to Julie's. Sonic is always handy too.

PLAY!
Favorite things to do in St. George? Go to the temple!

St. George Day Spa! Love their Massage, Facial, Pedicure package!

Driving through Snow Canyon to Pine Valley is always a good drive!

Pine Valley Chapel is a great tour! A ship builder built this chapel and you get to go all the way up into the attic and see how it is built like an upside down ship!! Very cool!

If you like musicals,Tuachan Ampitheater is the most beautiful ampitheater I've ever been to. The natural backdrops are gorgeous! If you're in town...go see a show!

In the Spring there's always an Arts Festival and new Sculptures pop up all over town!
St. George is becoming the Traffic Circle capital of the World! They have lots of them!

Zion National Park isn't that far away either! I could go on and on about St. George. I didn't even get to the great places to shop in St. George! Another blog for another day I guess!

3 comments:

Sandy Plummer said...

Okay! Yes, I'm actually commenting on my own blog! When I clicked on View Blog, my blog came up and "What a Wonderful World" was playing. I just thought that was so fitting for looking at my blog on St. George for the first time. It's a very fitting song for the beauty of Southern Utah!
Enjoy!
P.S. Thanks Tasha for the suggestion of the Random button!

Unknown said...

Sandy,
As I was going through some of your blogs I ran across your "sermon of the day" thank you for sharing your thoughts. It was a shot of hope for me at this time in my life. Some of my MOST favorite scriptures!!! I love you dearly. Say hi to da mutter!
Yvonne

Abigail said...

Thanks for sharing!! I've never heard of the Seven Wives Inn but it looks fabulous!! (and you gotta love the name, it is St. George afterall. that's the only place where I've seen live polgs!)