Monday, July 7, 2008

The Garden

I guess I don't have kids to write about, so I write about my garden. My brother, Bill, asked for a picture with the "Titanic" in it. So here it is. The last time I grew tomatoes, I grew them in the "Titanic." That was 2001. Tody and I made the "Titanic" for deep root watering! I should have planted them there this time too. They would have had more room. I keep saying I'm going to plant in this plot, but I haven't done it yet! I will!
This is a picture of the Big Beef Steak tomatoes that have appeared over night! They're huge!
There's a ton of them. The bottom half of them are starting to turn yellow!!! I know they're all going to ripen at the same time and I'll be up to my ears in tomatoes in various forms!!!
These are the grape tomatoes! They're huge!!! I found a ripe one today! It's the second one I've picked! They never last long enough to take a picture! They are delicious though!
These are the cherry tomatoes. They are huge too! Eddie thinks they're the beef steak tomatoes! They're bigger than any cherry, or cherry tomato I've ever seen!
They are hiding from us too! It's a good thing they turn red! That's the only way will ever find them all!! They're everywhere!
Speaking of hiding! We found 3 more zucchini's today. I keep forgetting the "h" when I spell zuccini. It never looks right when I spell it wrong, but with the h you should pronounce it differently! Sounds more Italian!!
Found this little guy today too. We may cut him down tomorrow! See all the blossoms! Signs of things to come!!!!!
The cilantro is still nuts. My friend, Dottie, told me to cut it back and it will be fine! The basil is going to seed I'm afraid too. It has blossoms. If anyone out there needs some basil, or curly parsley, or sage...let me know. If you're interested in tomatoes, I'm sure we'll be able to spare a few when they're ripe!

4 comments:

Tasharoo said...

Your kids are awesome!!! My! How they are growing!!!

Sandy Plummer said...

Yes, but when they're good they get eaten!!!! Does that make me a cannibal?

Myhouse4nine said...

You have such well behaved offspring! When they are in "danger" they hide. Is the Titanic along the lines of Earth Boxeswhere they have pipes down and fill up water below the dirt?

Sandy Plummer said...

More like holey tubes that are stuck in the ground so when you fill them with water the roots get better drinks?!!!