Thursday, July 17, 2008

Zucchini Bread

My day began with Eddie leaving for the temple around 6:30 a.m. I actually got up too. I decided today I would try and use the torpedo zucchini and make some bread. I don't think I've ever made zucchini bread, but I have a good recipe from Viola Thurber in West Valley 3rd Ward. It was easy enough. I was able to get two loafs our of maybe a fourth of the zucchini. Okay, maybe less than a fourth. I suppose we'll be shredding the rest and freezing. The bread was done before Mom was awake and ready for breakfast. It's de-li-cious! I made some scrambled eggs to go with it. She's taking a piece with her to dialysis. I just had a brilliant thought...we'll send zucchinis to dialysis too.
This is the part of the yard I planted petunias and hydrangeas in. The far hydrangea is not happy. The one in the middle has several knew blooms! The petunias are doing fine.

This is the next plot of dirt I'm going to garden. There's already the stumps of my Grandma Wanlass' naked lady plant. It's dormant. In the next month or two it will have flowers popping out of it. It's really hard to find out how to take care of it. You can't google "naked lady plant" and not get bad stuff!!!! Actually I haven't even tried, but I know better than to open that door! I need to find the scientific name for it and look it up that way. It needs to be thinned and possibly re-located! It's was moved to this spot from Bakersfield, so I know it's possible!!! What will I do with this spot???? I want a pumpkin patch, but don't tell Eddie 'cuz he doesn't want me to grow pumpkins!!!! Probably not a good place for a pumpkin patch because it's next to the sidewalk and the gate and across from the trashcans! We'll see!!!
This is the aloe vera I need to replant and thin and make about 12 other plants out of! At least I haven't killed it yet. My friend, Dottie gave it to my last October when I went to visit her in Las Vegas! She has a good green thumb.
I was going to blog all kinds of stuff the last few days, but I didn't! So, this will have to do for today! I'm tired. Should've slept in!!! Nah! I got lots done this morning! Well, until I blog again!

1 comment:

Myhouse4nine said...

Wow, you kids have gone wild! Glad to know you are giving them their own parameters! At least they appear to be very healthy! I think you are doing great with the plants, and I think that you should share the zucchini bread cause it sounds really good!