Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rambling Thoughts

I haven't blogged for a few days, and you're probably grateful I don't have garden pictures to post. (The garden is still growing!)
This morning I thought I would just free write about life in the last few days.
We have friends/ward members moving in a week or so for Napa! We are envious of the adventure they are about to embark on. We long for the day when we too will be able to spread our wings and fly. For now, we are content at the moment to be where we are and serve as we are asked too.
Eddie worked all day yesterday for Cheek Electric. He hasn't worked for Mike since the end of May. It's been fun having him home. I do get more done here at home when he is working, but we do have a great time when he's home all day too.
Yesterday, I actually fixed 3 whole meals! My mom and I had pancakes for breakfast, I made chicken salad sandwiches for lunch, and dinner was hot and on the table by the time Eddie was out of the shower, after a hot and sweaty day of work. Homemade Macaroni and Cheese, (NOT KRAFT!) Green beans with bacon and almonds, and a nice mixture of zucchini, summer squash, onions and tomatoes for my mom and I. (Too many vegies for Eddie!) It was delicious!
I didn't go to any stores, not even a grocery store. I only left for a little over an hour to help the missionaries teach a discussion. That was a great experience. It's been a while since I was able to do that.
I would have like to have accomplished more. I did get the entire back yard watered. Eddie does that when he's home, but I did it because he was working.
We even had a brief Family Home Evening last night. We sang and prayed and watched Boyd K. Packer's talk on "The Weak and Simple of the Church." That is the talk the Elders used earlier in the day and I thought it was something Eddie and I needed to watch again!
We have been very blessed in the last almost two years to be instruments in the hands of the Lord with some dear friends of ours. The Lord surely works in mysterious ways and we often find ourselves on their doorstep when we are needed. Thus was the case this past weekend. What a blessing it is to have a worthy Priesthood holder in my home...yes, I'm talking about Eddie Plummer! (I said God works in mysterious ways!!!) To have watched the Lord work through him in the past two years and to watch his comfort level increase while perfoming the Lord's work is truly a testimony builder. We are grateful for our friends who provide the growing experiences we have learned so much through. Their pathway looks much brighter this very day, thanks to the gracious hand of the Lord in their lives!
Today is a dialysis day! My mom has a new lump on her arm...I believe the techinical term is an aneurysm of her AVF (arteriovenuous fistula). I will go to dialysis today and ask about it. She's had out-patient surgery twice on these, so we'll see what happens!
Eddie is off work today, so it's been a lazy day! I did make biscuits for breakfast. I did cheat and use Bisquick. I don't have a sifter!! I need a sifter! Maybe today I'll go SHOPPING and get a sifter!!
Tonight is the Tuesday night Picnic at Palm Park for the ward. We have them every other Tuesday! Tonight we're actually cooking the left over hamburgers and hotdogs from the Pioneer picnic last Saturday. I need to go shopping for lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles!
Eddie is working at midnite tonight. He has the last two Tuesday nights also. He's removing all the shelves from Blockbusters. Tonight he goes to Woodland Hills. Last week he was far away in Pico Rivera on Rosemead and Whittier! ha ha ha! (For those who don't know, we live in Pico Rivera, not far from Rosemead and Whittier!) It's extra cash!! I do miss him at night when he's gone. He's been able to get the job accomplished in a farely short time. It's usually 3 people. Tonight he'll work with the same 2 guys he worked with last week.
This past weekend, my niece Shannon & Matt & kids were down for Matt's brother's wedding. They came over for dinner on Sunday with Bill & Sheila. We grilled shish-kabobs again! I also made Yummy Salad to go with it. It was fun to see them. I got to hold Baby Dylan for awhile. He is a happy baby! I got him to talk to me. I talk to babies using the language of Pebbles Flintstone. It works every time!!! I have no idea what I'm saying, but babies always respond! Once Levi woke up he was fun to watch. I loved watching him eat his shish-kabob. He ate like corn on the cob. It's kinda a great way to kids to eat. Stick everything on a stick and let them hold on to the ends and munch away! He's a cute kid! It was nice spending some time with them. We like going to visit them in Sacramento too!
Eddie is finishing up the eggs I started boiling! He's the deviled egg maker. Marissa Armstrong loves his deviled eggs and so I'm sure we'll be headed over to their house to deliver some of them before the afternoon is over.
I forgot! I also made Rice Krispy Treats last night. Eddie hates marshmallows, but it's something my mom can eat!!! She is NOT diabetic. She has lots of other dietary restrictions, but she can have as much sugar as she wants!
I just asked Eddie what we need to do today: he's going to Z's to fix their toilet and he might go to the Petrell's to help Jay do something and then we have the picnic tonight. I guess I get to go shopping and then slice stuff for tonight and that's about it! I guess I better be going! Thanks for reading my ramblings! Life is good!

5 comments:

Sleepy said...

Oh, Rambling Thoughts! I thought it was Rambler Thoughts and you were going to talk about Grandma R!!

Anonymous said...

So where would you live if you weren't tied to Pico Rivera?

Abigail said...

It was fun reading about your day(s)! Thanks for sharing! I'm sad I missed the kebab party!! :)

Freth Stifter said...

Nice rambles.

summer crookneck squish are finally showing up ... cherry tomato vines are all over the place ... but they don't have much foliage on them. The squish plants are overriding the rosemary ... I finally found and killed the big tomato horn worm that was wreaking havoc on all the plants

Sandy Plummer said...

TO answer Forest: We're not sure. Utah is a possibility, Idaho is as well. Eddie wants to live close to Independence so he doesn't have to walk far! In our travels, we always find great places! Ultimately it will be somewhere we can afford, that offers an occupation to keep us alive, close to a temple and I'd like somewhere colder than CA!