Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Earthquakes & other Stuff!

Yesterday, we had a lovely earthquake. I didn't enjoy it. It was a little too sharp and loud for me. It also brought back memories of the '87 earthquake, that I really didn't like. I'm glad the earth has stopped rocking and rolling at this point.

It's been a busy week. The garden is in overdrive. I haven't blogged about it for awhile. Here's a picture of Monday's harvest. The zucchinis are coming out of our ears. We had a good batch of tomatoes. I got at least one tomato off of each plant. I even picked our little green pepper. It was starting to go red, so I knew it wasn't going to grow anymore. The torpedo there was "hiding!" The big dark green one was popping up through the trellis of the grape tomatoes. We took the tomatoes to a friend's house. Tried to pawn off the zucchini, but they still had some from last time! I guess we'll get to use the fun Kitchen Aid grater again! It will freeze and it will make great bread!

Monday night we had the Elders over for dinner. They live around the corner from us and they stop by often to fill their bike tires with air!
Elder Nielsen is from Washington, Elder Beck is from Utah, his parents recently moved to New Harmony. Elder Major is from Orem, UT and Elder Pennington from West Virginia. They enjoyed their first earthquake!!! This picture is from dinner the other night. Eddie made his world famous French Toast! They loved it! We enjoy having them in our home and the spirit they bring with them. We get very attached to them and then they get transfered! Boo Hoo!

Back to the Earthquake! Kinda made my Preparedness Poll a little more real huh? That's my challenge to all who read this blog. Do something this week for your emergency preparedness. Even if it's only buying an extra case of drinking water!! I'm excited to see if there will be a run on it this week around here. I'm waiting until the 1st to add more. We also need to check our 72 hour kits. I put them together last August, so we should have rotated them in February! Better late than never!! That's are preparedness goal for August, rotate the 72 hour kit supplies and more water! Actually filling the 2-50 gallon drums would probably be wise too!!! If ye are prepared ye shall not fear!

1 comment:

Maly and Dan said...

Yummy...share some of your harvest there. That looks so good. You guys have green thumbs.